I whipped up this loaf for tea and cake with some friends. It takes on a basic lemon drizzle recipe, with the addition of raspberries to add a little fruitiness.
- 110g butter
- 170g caster sugar
- 170g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- Lemon zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 150g cup fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees, grease and line a loaf tin.
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Add one egg at a time and beat thoroughly, and then slowly fold in the flour until smooth.
- Add the lemon zest of one lemon and fold in the raspberries (reserving a few for the topping).
- Pour the cake mixture into the tin and bake for 40 minutes, or until cooked all the way through. Once the cake is cooked, allow to cool fully on a cooling rack.
- In a bowl, mix the lemon juice of 1 lemon with the icing sugar and drizzle over the cooled cake. (Add a little water if the mix is too thick). Top with the remaining raspberries.
You can view more of my baking recipes here.