This is a oldie but a goodie. I come back to this recipe time and time again. The soft and fluffy, buttery potatoes. The delicious pan fried white fish. The fresh and zesty salsa. It’s a winning combination. But don’t just take my word for it. Recreate it for yourself and let me know what you think.
Pan Fried Hake with Crushed Potatoes Recipe:
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 3 medium potatoes, quartered
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 small pack fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 vine tomatoes
- 2 fillets of hake
- 1 pack of asparagus tips
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Knob of butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Begin by placing your potatoes in a pan of boiling water with a little salt. Bring to the boil and then simmer for around 20 mins.
- Meanwhile prep your salsa by combining the diced tomatoes and half of the parsley, plus a little salt and pepper to season.
- Add a drop of oil to a frying pan and fry your vine tomatoes gently. After a minute or so, add the hake and lemon slices and fry for a couple of minutes on both sides.
- At the same time add a colander to the top of the potato pan, place your asparagus tips inside and cover with the pan lid. Steam for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the colander and keep to one side. Drain the potatoes, add a knob of butter and gently crush with a fork, rather than mashing. Stir through some more parsley, reserving a little for finishing touches.
- Serve by placing the potatoes in the bottom of a dish, lay the asparagus and hake fillet on top, pour over some salsa, and top with the vine tomatoes and lemon slices.
- Season with more black pepper and parsley.