Every good brunch dish needs a cocktail companion. With our huevos rancheros brunch, we decided to pair it with a Red Snapper cocktail. Gin based, it’s a lot like a Bloody Mary, with tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and garnished with celery.
We first had the idea of this cocktail when we received May’s Craft Gin Club box. Inside was a beautiful bottle of Boatyard Gin, and with it a recipe for a Red Snapper.
I have to be honest, I’m not the biggest fan of tomato juice. For me, it just tastes like cold soup (anyone else?!). But Stew loves it and I have to admit, it does look very pretty. And to be fair, it did taste a lot better paired with our Mexican brunch dish.
For those of you who do like a Bloody Mary, but are more of a fan of gin than vodka. You have to give this cocktail a go!
Ingredients (makes 2)
- 1 bottle tomato juice
- 60 ml Boatyard Gin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 8 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 8 drops Tabasco hot sauce
- Salt and black pepper
- Add rock ice to 2 glasses.
- Pour the tomato juice, gin, lemon, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco into a cocktail shaker. Season with a little salt and black pepper. Shake well.
- Strain over the ice and garnish with a celery stick and a little basil for extra flare!