Slightly cheating with this week’s recipe… I didn’t make my own red pesto, I bought a jar from our local grocer! But when you’re in need of a quick and healthy lunch, and you’re only make enough for one, I’m going to let myself off!
This super bright and colour tagliatelle can be made in less than 10 minutes, and can have just about any vegetable added to it – whatever you happen to have lying around, that needs using up! That’s exactly what I did with this one. I found a courgette looking a little tired, a red pepper, a half eaten lemon and a little fresh parsley on it’s way out. We always have chilli and garlic in the house, so that was the basis of flavour before adding the pesto, and the parsley and lemon finished it off nicely. A very light and fresh dish.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 60g tagliatelle
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 chilli, diced
- 1 courgette, halved and then sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp red pesto
- Handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- Add your tagliatelle to a pan of boiling water on a medium heat, and then simmer for 7-10 minutes, following packet instructions.
- Pour a dash of rapeseed oil into a frying pan on a medium heat. Fry off the chilli and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and courgette, turning the heat to low and cooking for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Stir through the red pesto and half of the lemon juice (reserving some for seasoning).
- Drain the tagliatelle and add to the frying pan.
- Stir through the parsley and a little more red pesto if needed.
- Serve in a pasta bowl, with a squeeze of lemon and season with salt and black pepper.