Okay so I have to confess, this is a pasta recipe that uses Sainsbury’s Basil & Pine Nut Margherite. I did not make the pasta. The pasta is amazing. I did not need to make it. Sainsbury’s have nailed it!
Phew, now that’s out of the way, you may not agree that this is a ‘recipe’, but hey I put the rest together and created this wonderfully creamy, garlicky, mushroom, tomato and rocket dish all by myself! Yes the margherite might be the star of the show, and without Sainsbury’s it wouldn’t have been possible, but I’m going to post about it anyway.
Plus we bought new bowls and they’re worth showing off! I’ve had my eye on these for a while, ever since my friend Alex bought them and upped her Instagram food game! They’re from John Lewis and I absolutely love them. I now need a better dining table to place them on. Ours is a little old and crappy. Instead, for this post, I’m using our trunk come coffee table.
Back to the recipe!
Ingredients: (serves 2):
- Sainsbury’s Basil & Pine Nut Margherite
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large handful mushrooms
- 1 large handful cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- 200ml vegetable stock
- Fresh basil
- Salt and black pepper
- Begin by placing a pan of water on the hob to boil.
- Chop the mushrooms into thin slices and finely dice the garlic cloves.
- Add a drop of olive oil to a large frying pan on a medium heat. Add the tomatoes whole and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn the heat down slightly and add your garlic and mushrooms.
- Add the margherite to the pan of boiling water. Cover with a lid and simmer for 4 minutes (or following packet instructions).
- Add your creme fraiche and vegetable stock to the frying pan. Season with salt and pepper and stir thoroughly.
- Drain the pasta and add to the frying pan. Add some rocket and as much fresh basil leaves as you like to the pan. Stir through.
- Spoon the pasta into (pretty) bowls and serve with a little extra rocket if preferred.