Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 pork chops
- 2 pieces of black pudding
- 1 apple, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 2 large potatoes, roughly chopped into large chunks
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 tbsp Colman’s mustard, plus more to serve
- 1 knob of butter
- Drop of milk
- Vegetables to serve (we used carrot, courgette and mushrooms that we had left over)
- Salt and pepper
- Begin by adding your chopped potatoes to a pan of boiling water. Add a little salt and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rub a little salt and pepper into the pork chops on both sides.
- 15 minutes into the dish add a knob of butter to a griddle or frying pan. Add the pork chops, black pudding slices and 4 apple slices (you can use more if you wish). Fry on both sides until the pork is cooked and the apple has softened – roughly 5 minutes.
- At the same time add the peas to the pan of potatoes.
- Drain the potatoes and peas and mash together using any method you prefer – butter, milk or both. Add the mustard and a little black pepper.
- Serve by placing a large spoonful of mash onto a plate and stack on top the pork, apple and black pudding. We added a little carrot, courgette and mushrooms to ours too.