Experiment and make it your own!
- 100g basmati rice
- 200g fresh, uncooked prawns
- 1 medium sized potato, cut into chunks
- 1 large handful of cup mushrooms, quartered
- 1 small pack of mangetout
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 thumb size stem of ginger, grated
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
200ml coconut milk
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 lime, quartered
½ cup crushed peanuts
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or wok over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the potato, coconut milk and 200ml water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes until potatoes are almost tender.
- Place the basmati rice in a large pan of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 6-7 minutes.
- At the same time add the mangetout, mushrooms and green pepper to the curry mixture. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Finally add the prawns and fish sauce, stirring well. Squeeze in 2 of the lime quarters. You could also add coriander if you wish at this point.
- Drain the basmati rice and serve in a deep bowl. Pour over the curry mixture and serve with the remaining 2 quarters of lime, plus a sprinkling of crushed peanuts.