- 4 medium potatoes, washed and thickly sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 chorizo, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 medium eggs
- 1 handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Begin by frying the slices of potato in a frying pan with the olive oil, on a medium heat, for 15 minutes. Flipping occasionally to make sure they are slightly browned on both sides.
- Add the red pepper, chorizo and onion and fry for a further 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs together in a jug and add a little salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat of the pan down a little lower and pour over the beaten eggs. Sprinkle with the parsley and let set, moving the pan a fraction here and there to make sure the base is evenly coated.
Once it looks mostly solid, gently tease the edges upwards with a fish slice, to make sure it’s not sticking.
Very carefully place a large chopping board on top of the pan and flip the entire pan and board over, so that the omelette comes out on to the board. Place the pan back on the heat and gently slide the omelette back into the pan, cooked side up, to make sure the other side is cooked well. Cook for another 5 minutes or until evenly cooked through.
Serve with a side salad and sprinkle more of parsley if you wish.