We rustled this meal up last week, and I’ve been struggling ever since to know what to call it. I’ve named it a ‘prawn and coconut curry’, which in essence the one part is. However, we served it with brown rice, corgetti and carrot. So it’s really a bowl of delicious, healthy, colourful goodness!
To be fair, we originally were going to make a curry and serve it with basmati rice, until we realised we’d ran out! So instead we used brown rice and made the dish a lot healthier with the addition of courgette and carrot. We recently got a spiralizer, and this was our first go at testing it out! Hence both corgetting and spiralized carrot. I’m not sure that carrot worked all that well but it meant that we were able to just steam both of these ingredients really quickly, speeding the whole dish up. In fact, the part that took the longest was probably the brown rice. This always catches us out. Brown rice takes on average, probably 10-15 minutes longer than white rice or basmati.
I also wanted to take the time this week and thank you if you read these posts, an even more so if you happen to ever recreate one! I always love reading your comments, suggestions and feedback. I’ve really got into cooking over the last year, and I enjoy sharing these posts. I hope you enjoy reading them!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 8-10 fresh or frozen (defrosted) prawns
- 1 small packed of baby corn
- 100ml coconut milk
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1 chilli, sliced
- 1 thumb sized stem of ginger, grated
- 1 lime, cut into halves
- 100g brown rice
- 1 courgette, spiralized
- 1 carrot, spiralized
- 1 small bunch of coriander, chopped
- Start by placing the rice in a medium sized pan, cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. If using basmati or white rice, follow packet instructions and adjust times accordingly.
- Once 10 minutes has passed, add a drizzle of oil to a wok on a medium heat. Toss in the baby corn and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chilli and ginger and toss together. At the same time put the spiralized carrot and courgette in a colander, on top of the rice pan. Pop a lid over and steam from the rice water.
- Add the prawns to the mix, followed by the fish sauce and stir well. Add the coconut milk and juice of one half of the lime.
- Serve by draining the rice, and placing in a large bowl, followed by the courgette, carrot and curry mix.
- Sprinkle with the juice of the other half of lime and coriander.