Stir fry is my go to meal when I don’t know what to cook. If you’re eating alone, or if you have lots of veg that needs using up, it’s a great quick and easy dish.
Prawns are one of my favourite things to eat, and luckily Stew has mastered how to cook them perfectly. I tend to over cook them as they only take a couple of minutes, if that.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 250g raw king prawns
- 1 pepper, sliced
- Handful of mushrooms, quartered
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Handful of cashew nuts
- 1 pack of instant rice noodles
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Lime to season/garnish
- Blitz the ginger, garlic and chilli with a hand blender, or chop finely. Add the soy sauce and 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil, pour over the prawns and marinade 15-20mins.
- Blitz or finely chop the cashew nuts and set aside for later.
- Once the prawns are marinated, place your wok on a high heat. When it starts to smoke lower the heat and add a tablespoon of rapeseed oil. Throw in all of the veg, leaving half of the spring onions to garnish later. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- At the same time add your noodles to a pan of boiling water. Cook for 4 minutes and drain. Leave to one side.
- Separate the prawns from the marinade and put the marinade over the vegetables in the wok. Fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add noodles and prawns to the wok and stir thoroughly. Cook for no longer than 1-2 minutes.
- Serve in a large bowl, sprinkle the remaining spring onions and cashew nuts on top, and drizzle with lime.