Normally Stew and I cook all our meals together, but this weekend he was busy watching the first Liverpool game of the season (yawn!), so I decided to try my hand at something. I am a huge lover of pies and mash potato, so when these two things come together in the form of a fish pie, I’m very excited!
Sorry for the not so great photos, but it’s hard to make fish pie look good!
Ingredients (serves 2-4)
Fish mix – We bought salmon, cod and hake in a mixed tray from Sainsburys, already cut into chunks
2 sticks of celery, grated
1 carrot, grated
100g cheese, grated
1 red chilli, chopped
6 small to medium potatoes, quartered
1 handful of parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
1. Add your potatoes to a pan of boiling water and boil for 10-15mins, until soft
2. Whilst your potatoes are boiling, grate the carrot, celery and cheese into a roasting dish
3. Add one chopped chilli, your fish pieces, and finely chopped parsley.
4. Add a sprinkling of salt and pepper and mix around in the roasting dish, evening it all out.
5. Drain your potatoes, add a splash of milk, a knob of butter and mash!
6. Spread mash over top of your fish and veg mix, and cook for 40 mins at 180 degrees.
And hey presto you have a hot, bubbly fish pie (which is likely to spread over the sides of the roasting dish!). Fish is really good for you
and something we love to cook. Enjoy with vegetables, a side salad, or it’s equally as good on it’s own with ketchup!