After having ate this scrummy pork and apple dish, we’re back with another tasty pork recipe this week.
We put our new Great British Butcher lemon and mustard rub to great use on the pork, with roasted apple and vegetables to accompany it.
Ingredients (serves 2)
2 pork chops
1 apple, cut into wedge pieces
Approx 8-10 baby potatoes, halved
1 carrot, sliced
1 broccoli head, chopped
Great British Butch lemon and mustard rub
Salt and pepper
Rosemary and thyme
Gravy to serve
1. For this dish you want to start with roasting your potatoes and carrots. Line a roasting dish with a drop of olive oil, spread vegetables out evenly and sprinkle with rosemary and thyme. (Herbs are optional, you could use salt and pepper instead. Remember my tip for keeping rosemary and thyme fresh though!). Roast at 180 degrees, for approximately 20 minutes.
2. Pour 2-3cm of water into a pan, bring to the boil. Place a colander inside the pan, making sure it doesn’t touch the bottom. Place your broccoli in the colander, and steam for roughly 10 minutes.
3. Prep your pork by shaking a good amount of lemon and mustard rub on both sides. Give the pork a good rub so that the flavouring soaked in and doesn’t all fall off.
4. Add a small drop of oil to a frying pan, and gently cook the pork on a medium heat. Make sure to turn the pork regularly. Cooking time depends on how well done you like your pork. We like ours soft and juicy, similar to steak, so we only cooked ours for 5-7 mins. Otherwise, you would only want to cook it for 8-10 mins max, before it starts to turn dry.
5. We mixed up some Bisto gravy granules to have with ours, but it would be just as succulent and tasty without.