If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen a sneak peak of this delicious baked eggs recipe. Stew and I rustled this up for Saturday brunch a couple of weeks ago. We’re trying to get back into our culinary game! Hopefully once we’re settled into our new place, there will be more posts like this one for you guys to reinvent.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1x 400g can baked beans
- 1 medium brown onion
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 pepper
- 250g mushrooms
- 1 chorizo ring
- 1tbsp paprika
- 1x loaf of tasty bread!
- To begin this recipe you need to prep your meat and veg. Roughly chop the onion, pepper and mushrooms. You can put in as many mushrooms as you like. We opted for quite a few as we’re big fans of the mushroom! Chop chorizo into slices.
- Pop the chorizo into the frying pan first. You want to cook this on a medium to high heat until it’s browned. You don’t need any oil to help this fry as it will natural produce fat to simmer in. Don’t drain this fat! Well you can if you want, but we used the fat to then fry up the veg instead of adding oil.
- Once the veg is lightly browned and succulent add the tins of chopped tomatoes and baked beans. Depending on how big your dish is you may only want to add one tin of chopped tomatoes. You kinda have to judge it for yourself. Then sprinkle in a couple of teaspoons of paprika and mix thoroughly.
- Once everything is stirred through thoroughly you can transfer the entire pan to a roasting/casserole dish. Using a spoon make gaps in the mixture to crack the eggs into. You may need a second pair of hands for this.
- Place in the oven and cook for around 20mins on 180 degrees, until the eggs look cooked. We were worried that they hadn’t cooked through as there was a slimy layer on top. So we cooked ours for around 30mins. However this then made the 2 eggs at the back of .the oven go hard. I think 20mins would’ve been fine, we were just being extra cautious
- Serve from the dish on a heat proof mat with a loaf of crusty bread to dip in. We toasted ours for extra crisp! Delicious!