Recipe (makes 12):
3oz self raising flour
1oz cocoa powder
4oz caster sugar
Cream cheese frosting:
150g cream cheese
300g icing sugar
- Begin by preheating your oven to 160 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar.
- Gently sift in the flour a little at a time and stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Finally stir through the cocoa powder until combined.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool fully.
- Meanwhile mix together the cream cheese and icing sugar.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, either pipe are spatula the icing onto the cupcakes.
- Decorate with orange and black sprinkles for a Halloween feel.
Are any of you baking any treats for Halloween?