My flat mate and best friend is a vegan and so I’ve been reading up on some vegan dishes that we can try out together. I am a big fan of pasta bake and never knew you could achieve it really with out cheese but this is SO easy to make.
Ingredients (serves 3)
1 broccoli head
2 tbsp paprika
1-2 slices of bread, crumbed
Salt and pepper to season
1. Chop all vegetables into small pieces (so that they boil quicker), begin with boiling the potato and carrot as they will take longer.
2. After about 5 mins begin to boil the pasta (should take 10-12mins).
3. When the potato and carrot begin to go soft add the broccoli.
4. Drain the pasta and then drain the vegetables but not entirely so that about 1cm of water is still in the pan.
5. Then blend the vegetables together with a hand blender and you can add soy milk or soya butter to make it creamier if you think it needs it 🙂 Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add the pasta to the creamy mixture and spoon into a shallow baking dish.
7. Toast 1 or 2 pieces of bread and lightly crumble these on top of the pasta. Finish with a sprinkling of paprika.
8. Bake for roughly 20mins at 180degrees – I grilled it for the last 5 mins so that bread crumbs went nice and brown.
I think I might try to blog more photo’s of the meals I make, I’m really starting to enjoy cooking now I’ve moved out of my parents 🙂