Even the most inexperienced bakers will be able to create this wonderfully easy, and delicious Mars Bar Cake recipe. Consisting of just 4 ingredients, follow these 6 simple steps to make a sweet snack that everyone will enjoy!
Ingredients (makes 10):
- 70g unsalted butter
- 3tbsp golden syrup
- 6 Mars bars chopped into small pieces
- 200g cornflakes
- Line a rectangular cake tin, or baking tray, with grease proof paper.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup in a sauce pan over a very low heat, stirring continuously.
- Add the chopped Mars bar and keep stirring until they have all just melted.
- Remove from the heat and gently fold in the cornflakes.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and press down firmly.
- Allow to cool and set (about an hour).
- Cut the mixture into rectangular bar sized pieces with a sharp knife.
They will keep for about 3 days in an airtight container and stored at room temperature.
I originally found this recipe in the Primrose Bakery cookbook. They have some really fantastic recipes for everyone to enjoy, from the novice baker to the superstar head chef! I find it really therapeutic to spend an afternoon in the kitchen baking. Although I don’t have an overly sweet tooth, I love to bake for others to enjoy my creations. You can find more of my sweet (and savoury) recipes here.