Flapjack cupcakes are so easy to make, and taste delicious. If you’re a fan of flapjacks and a fan of cupcakes, this is the recipe for you! I’d never thought to bring the two together before, but I’m so glad I did!
I found the original recipe in a cupcake book my Mum bought me for Christmas. There’s so easy to make, you have to give them a go!
Ingredients: Makes 12
- 80g butter softened
- 80g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 80g self-raising flour
- 40g margarine
- 40g demerara sugar
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 55g oats
- 12 cupcake cases
- Line a cupcake baking tray with cupcake cases.
- Mix the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl
- Alternate by adding in one egg at a time and sifting in some of the flour. Fold the mixture and then beat quickly so that it doesn’t curdle.
- Continue until all of the mixture is used.
- Add a spoonful of mixture to each cupcake case, to just over halfway up the sides, so they have room to expand in the oven, but not run over the sides.
- Make the flapjack topping by melting butter in a pan on a medium heat.
- Add the demerara sugar and golden syrup and stir thoroughly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oats.
- Sprinkle the oat mix on top of the cupcake mix in each case.
- Bake at 180 degrees for approx 20 mins or until golden brown.
To mix them up a bit you could add chocolate chips or raisins.
I also made a whole load of flapjacks by doing the exact same way of making up the flapjack mix, except doubling the quantities of everything. And then greased a baking tray and laid the mixture into it. I baked it in the oven for about 15 mins, until it was going brown on top and then ate far too many straight away (I love them when they’re warm and sticky) 🙂
I hope you enjoy my cupcake recipes and if you have a go yourself and/or ever blog about it, please let me know! I’d love to know if you’ve tried making some!