In celebration of National Pina Colada day yesterday, I’ve decided to dedicate this week’s recipe to the famous rum based cocktail.
A Pina Colada is a refreshing cocktail, perfect for a summer’s day. With flavours of pineapple and coconut, it is equally sweet and fruity. The coconut creates a cream like consistency, whilst the sharpness of the pineapple cuts through, giving the cocktail an edge.
I always love to enjoy a Pina Colada on holiday, but now that we have a bottle of Malibu rum on our bar cart, I can make this wonderful drink any time I like!
- 1 part Malibu Original
- ½ part coconut cream
- 1 ½ parts pineapple juice
- Fresh pineapple
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Add Malibu, coconut cream and pineapple juice.
- Shake and strain into a chilled glass filled with ice cubes.
- Top up with pineapple juice and serve with fresh pineapple.