If you haven’t heard of Wyldsson before, they are a brand producing healthy foods such as overnight oats, porridge toppings, muesli, and energy balls. They’ve recently created a line of nut butters, including a hazelnut and cocoa spread. With no palm oil and no refined sugars, Wyldsson’s butter is much more healthy than Nutella. In fact, for every 15g, Wyldsson includes 5g less sugar than Nutella, half the sugar and twice the protein. It’s incredibly moorish – it was hard to stop myself grabbing a spoon and eating the entire tub! It feels much more thicker and tastes more nuttier than Nutella. You can tell it’s healthier for you and I really love the texture and flavour.
I was sent a handy pancake mix to try with it and it was so good that I thought I’d share it with you all. But before I get into that, Wyldsson also sell a range of other flavoured nut butters that I want to try, including chilli & smoked paprika, fruit & nut and dark Belgian chocolate. Mmm!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1x banana
- 1 large egg
- 140ml milk
- 1x Wyldsson buckwheat pancake mix
- Mash the banana with a fork in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg and milk to the bowl. Whisk together.
- Pour in half of the Wyldsson pancake mix (110g), and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Pour three circles of pancake mix into the pan (or however many will fit in your pan without touching each other).
- When bubbles start to form, flip each pancake onto its other side.
- Cook on the other side for a similar time.
- Repeat for three more pancakes.
- Top with Wyldsson Hazelnut & Cocoa spread, Greek yogurt and strawberries.